5 Things to Do After an Accident:
- Don’t make any statements admitting fault to the other party or the police. You should discuss these statements with your lawyer to ensure that you have all of the facts before making a statement.
- Ensure that everyone is safe and seek medical attention if you are injured. Don’t hesitate to get checked out by the medical response staff. You may not even realize you’re injured for several minutes due to adrenaline from the crash or other factors.
- Contact a lawyer immediately so that they can begin preserving records on your behalf. You may not need an attorney, but you have nothing to loose by contacting our office for a consultation. We won’t charge you a fee unless you win or get a monetary settlement from the other party or their insurance company. Call us or use the contact form below so we can begin working for you!
- Do not accept any calls from the insurance company or make any statements to anyone regarding your accident. Your lawyer will handle these statements and schedule a time with you to make these statements if required. You have a right to have a lawyer present during any of these events and you should exercise that right.
- Follow your doctor’s advice and get the medical treatment they advise. Don’t let being busy in your every day life get in the way of your long term well being. If a medical care provider advises you to get care, you should accept it. Your doctor will work with us to get your records so that we can ensure you obtain the maximum recovery.
It is important to realize that if you are injured you only get one chance to recover for those injuries. If you suffer an injury today that may require a walking cane 40 years from now, your lawyer has to ensure that the insurance company pays you today for what a walking can will cost 40 years from now. This is because once you settle or win a judgment, you cannot go back an ask for more. You must get everything you will ever need the first time and you only have a limited time to obtain that recovery before the statute of limitations blocks your claim. If you’ve been injured in a car accident or truck crash – do not delay in contacting us.